Two-Year Old Program
Two-year-olds are constantly in motion and they use their natural curiosity for hands-on discovery. Two’s need a rich learning environment that develops their cognitive skills and expands their vocabulary. By this stage in their development, routines and schedules become a big part of a child’s day. This promotes stability and security.
Potty training is a familiar theme with parents of a two-year-old. With this in mind, the TCCA staff will partner with the parents to help reinforce efforts being taken at home to potty train their child. Please keep in mind that one of the criteria to enter the three-year-old program is to be 100% potty-trained.
The Creative Curriculum serves as the framework for conducting the TCCA two-year-old program. Learning Environment Centers are introduced in the two-year-old classroom and include: Bible time, circle time, dramatic play, art center, blocks, fine motor skills, music, and a book/literacy area. Every child will participate in activities that are socially, physically, intellectually, and psychologically age appropriate. Children learn through action, exploration, and play. Our skilled teachers are adept at turning playtime into learning activities. New items are periodically introduced to facilitate a better understanding of the classroom’s weekly focus.
Extra-curricular activities include but are not limited to: chapel, physical education, music and movement, art, library, story time sessions, science/discovery classes, and Spanish.
- Low student to teacher ratio.
- Supportive, nurturing, and professional care in a Christ-centered environment.
- Monthly thematic activities purposely designed to engage and enrich the child’s natural curiosity.
- Focus on learning concepts appropriate for the age group.
- Regular communication between teachers and parents to keep parents informed about their child’s day.
Criteria to enter an Two-Year old Program
- Infants must be at least 6 weeks old.
- All age appropriate immunizations must be current.