In the classical model of education, prekindergarten is considered the “Beginning Grammar Stage”, which is the time period leading up to the formal “Grammar Stage” (school-age). During this time of learning, children will be exposed to:
- Memorization through songs, rhymes, poems, and scripture
- Virtue study through both academics and behavior
- Classic books and poems which aid in pre-reading readiness as well as virtuous living
Treasure Coast Christian Academy takes pride in offering one of the best Pre-Kindergarten programs in the county. Our goal here at TCCA is to partner with parents to provide a strong spiritual foundation to preschoolers in a loving, nurturing, Christ-centered environment of discovery and learning.
Pre-K instructional time begins at 8:30 am for the morning session and 1:00pm for the afternoon session. Vital elements of the day’s agenda include phonics, reading readiness, math, language, etc. Our skilled teachers outline key activities to maximize areas of interests in order to enhance the learning capabilities of each child. One of the objectives is to finely-tune the skills needed to adapt to the Kindergarten setting. Some of which are: self-control, listening, following instructions, cooperation, etc.
Children engage individually as well as collectively in the highly rated, nationally recognized, Creative Curriculum Studies, Handwriting Without Tears, and a beginner reader program. Learning environments such as math & manipulatives, reading/listening corner, science centers, dramatic, blocks, and sand and art areas give each child a wide range of opportunities to choose from. A focus on weekly themed lessons coordinated with letters of the alphabet and activities creates a well-rounded atmosphere for learning. A more academic focus with just the right balance of play offers children first-rate preparations for Kindergarten.
- Instruction through the “Beginning Grammar Stage” of classical education
- Low student to teacher ratio
- A unique network of support that meets the distinctive needs of each child in a Christ-centered environment
- Thematic elements to enhance and maximize learning experiences
- Focus on developing and fine-tuning readiness skills for Kindergarten
- Regular communication between teachers and parents to keep parents informed about their child’s day
Criteria to enter an Pre-K Program
- Preschoolers must be four years old before September 1st of the year entering the program.
- All immunizations must be current.
- Uniforms are required and may be purchased through our website.